SD River Park Foundation - RiverBlitz: Hike & Collect Data
Calling all volunteers with an interest in our River and a passion for the environment! Once a year, volunteer teams use a smart phone app to document trash and storm water debris the San Diego River. This point-in-time data allows us to measure the health of the riparian ecosystem and plan our cleanup strategies for the next year.
This is a wonderful hands-on opportunity and a great way to make a difference for the future of the river and surrounding area.
Volunteers should be comfortable with hiking short distances, including going up and down embankments and ducking around and under vegetation.
This event has two shifts to choose from:
1. 9 am - noon
2. 1 pm - 3 pm
Please indicate which shift(s) you would like to attend when you RSVP.
- Open to volunteers ages 14 and up.
- All tools and supplies are provided.
- No experience necessary - training will be provided.
- Community service hours can be verified.
- Be sure to dress in clothes that can get a little dirty and wear closed shoes, no sandals or flip-flops allowed for safety reasons.
- Bring plenty of water and sun protection.
RSVP REQUIRED. For more info and to RSVP, call 619.297.7380 or email email@example.com.