SD River Park Foundation - Clean & Green River Cleanup - Kid Friendly
Help create a better future for the San Diego River in Santee! Families will have the opportunity to volunteer at a kid-friendly cleanup of the San Diego River! The San Diego River is home to a number of endangered and threatened species. Keeping the river clear of trash benefits this wildlife! Volunteers will help protect animal habitat and beautify our precious green spaces by picking up storm water debris along the river. Kid-friendly educational activities will be included.
The City of Santee Storm Water Pollution Prevention Program will have a learning station for kids to play with a watershed model and make it rain (literally!). Participants can try their hand at modeling storms and see how storm water runoff affects local rivers and water bodies.
This event is part of River Kids Discovery Days.
- This event is open to volunteers of all ages, but volunteers under the age of 16 must come with an adult.
- All tools and supplies will be provided.
- No experience necessary.
- Closed-toed shoes are required.
- Sun protection, water and a snack are highly recommended.
- Community service hours can be verified.
- Groups are welcome if space allows.
RSVP Required. For more info or to RSVP, visit: http://riverdiscoverydays.org/clean-and-green/