“Cox Presents: Salute to Teachers” television special to air
Sunday, Oct. 17 at 9 p.m. on YurView Network
Pre-recorded one-hour program to highlight new San Diego County Teachers of the Year, share inspirational stories from local educators amid COVID-19 pandemic
San Diego, Calif. – Oct. 7, 2021 – As part of the 31st annual “Cox Presents: Salute to Teachers,” Cox Communications will televise a one-hour special that shares the stories of five teachers from across the region named a 2021-22 San Diego County Teacher of the Year. Produced in partnership with the San Diego County Office of Education, “Cox Presents: Salute To Teachers,” brought to you by San Diego County Credit Union, will air at 9 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 17 on YurView (Channel 4 and 1004). The pre-recorded show was hosted by San Diego native and national television personality Troy Johnson.
In addition to honoring the new San Diego County Teachers of the Year, the show will share heartwarming and inspiriational stories from local educators as they faced the challenges of teaching their students during a global pandemic.
The 2021-22 San Diego County Teachers of the Year are:
- Tiffany Jokerst, West Hills High School, Grossmont Union High School District
- Jacquelyn Jourdane, San Altos Elementary School, Lemon Grove School District
- Heather McClain, James Dukes Elementary School, Ramona Unified School District
- Laura Reyes, Central Elementary School, Escondido Union School District
- Xye Sanders, César Chávez Middle School, Oceanside Unified School District
Since its inception in 1991, the Emmy Award-winning “Cox Presents: Salute to Teachers” has been an in-person, black-tie awards show with celebrity presenters and student performances, and televised live from a theater in downtown San Diego. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the show was pre-recorded this year.
Sponsors of the 31st annual “Cox Presents: Salute to Teachers” include presenting sponsor San Diego County Credit Union, Procopio, KPBS, iHeart Radio, The Mightier 1090, The San Diego Union-Tribune, and San Diego Magazine.
“Cox Presents: Salute to Teachers” with replay:
- Saturday, Oct. 23 at 2 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 24 at 9 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 30 at 2 p.m
- Sunday, Oct. 31 at 9 p.m.
For additional information, visit www.salutetoteacherssd.com.